Liv Aloha's Maui Banana Bread
Updated: May 7, 2020
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 3 1/2 Teaspoon Coconut Oil (melted)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 Cups or 7- 8 Mashed Overripe Bananas
( they should be still yellow with brown spots,
but not completely brown)
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts
( I used walnuts, but I always love mac nuts)
1. Preheat Oven to 300 Deg F.
2. Next in a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon
3. Chop 1 cup nuts and place in flour mixture
4. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, coconut oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream.
5. Mash with a fork Bananas till they form the consistency of mushy baby food, then combine to egg butter mixture
6. Combien Flour mixture with banana butter mixture. still till well combined.
7. grease and flour a bread pan, pour the mixture in till almost full. Leave about a half an inch, because the bread will rise.
8. place in oven and bake for at least 60 minutes, check doneness with a toothpick. I covered my bread after 45 minutes with foil to prevent the top from Browning too much. Let cool for at least 15 - 20 minutes
91 views0 comments